Query re. 'private' vs. 'shared' annotations...

Karl Pielorz kpielorz_lst at tdx.co.uk
Thu Feb 16 05:25:16 EST 2017

Hi All,

We've recently moved from Cyrus 2.4.x to Cyrus 2.5.x - we have a number of
expiry annotations setup on some mailboxes.

If I use 'cyradm' and 'info' - I can see:

  private:
    check: NIL
    checkperiod: NIL
    comment: NIL
    sort: NIL
    specialuse: NIL
    thread: NIL
    expire: NIL
    news2mail: NIL
    sieve: NIL
    squat: NIL
  shared:
    check: NIL
    checkperiod: NIL
    comment: NIL
    sort: NIL
    specialuse: NIL
    thread: NIL
    duplicatedeliver: false
    expire: 7
    lastpop: NIL
    lastupdate: 16-Feb-2017 10:19:40 +0000
    news2mail: NIL
    partition: default
    pop3newuidl: true
    pop3showafter: NIL
    sharedseen: false
    sieve: NIL
    size: 76530
    squat: NIL
    uniqueid: 2a1cXXXXXXa56fc6

So 'private' expire is set to 'NIL' and 'shared' expire is set to 7 (i.e. 7
days).

Do I need to worry that private is 'NIL'? - i.e. Will mail still get
expired from this mailbox after 7 days?

I can't seem to find which once takes precedence (if it works that way) -
though I'd guess private would - if someone can confirm the above will
expire the mail after seven days...

These days there's so many messages sitting on the server, as even the
delete mail is kept hanging around for a while (I know this is by design!)
-  so it could take me 37 days or something silly to test this otherwise!
;-)

Thanks,

-Karl