Docathon: one week down, one to go
nicolan at fastmail.com
Sun Apr 9 21:35:26 EDT 2017
Here in the land of Cyrus docs, we've been working hard on making the
world a better place... through email.
Here's what we've done so far:
* Updated the sample cyrus.conf files so they're actually current and
placed them inside the doc tree, ensuring they'll be packaged and
thus distributed without needing to revert to the source code.
* Restructured the information on port and socket information so it's
more obvious what Cyrus requires, and more easily referenced as we
need this information in a few places.
* Updated the Information for Packagers page: the easier we can make it
for distributions to include the latest Cyrus, the more people can
use it with all the latest features. (More to come!)
Here's what we're working on this week:
* A guide to configuring and working with CalDAV and CardDAV: two
features that make Cyrus stand out from the open source mail
* Building a reference package for Debian Jessie with docs to go with
it, as part of a quick install guide.
Big thanks to Nic Bernstein (@postilion) for driving a lot of this.
Want to get in on the action? Check out the
https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-imapd/wiki/Docathon page, or take a
look at GitHub issues and help out.
Not sure where to start or want some help? Catch us on IRC or pop in to
our meeting in a few hours on
gouts.google.com/hangouts/_/g4xnqjjb5zvomzeb4kqvja3fz4a at 11am UTC.
(video/audio optional: you can just listen in or communicate via chat if
that works better for you)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cyrus-devel