Safe to delete apparently stale / aged 'spool/sync.' directory?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 22 07:08:45 EST 2016

Yes, it's definitely safe to delete wheneven the server is shut down.  We remove it as part of the startup script at FastMail, just in case something crashed.  Both sync_server and sync_client will create it if necessary.  You can probably remove it safely, but if Cyrus is running and using replication there is a theoretical probability that a new process will start up with that PID and decide to use the directory!

Bron.

(pretty theoretical for us, we've gone for large PID space for a few years now, so they don't get recycled very fast)

  brong at fastmail.fm