Safe to delete apparently stale / aged 'spool/sync.' directory?

Karl Pielorz kpielorz_lst at tdx.co.uk
Tue Nov 22 06:23:03 EST 2016

Hi,

We've upgraded a number of Cyrus servers through the years - we're
currently running 2.5.x.

The other day I noticed on a couple of servers we have:

  /vol/imap/spool/sync.

This directory hasn't been touched in years - but has a number of sub-dirs
(all numbers) - that all contain messages (again, created years ago).

Am I safe to remove this directory?

We also have:

  /vol/imap/sync

Which periodically has files created in it (the server is sync'ing to a
another machine - so that's expected).

But I can't tell if 'vol/imap/sync' is a replacement [now, after upgrades]
for 'vol/imap/spool/sync.' - i.e. if the 'sync.' directory can either be
cleared out (and left), or just got rid of all together.

Cheers,

-Karl