Sophia database => fail

Thomas Jarosch thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com
Mon Jun 20 03:59:35 EDT 2016

On Sunday, 19. June 2016 07:55:55 Bron Gondwana via Cyrus-devel wrote:
> I've also been looking at Rocks DB.  Unfortunately their C wrapper (it's
> C++) doesn't seem to include the transaction support, so I'll have to
> either extend it or write my own.
>
> One major goal here, and the reason I'm looking at multi-level databases
> in particular, is the ability to have most of the unchanging data
> uploaded to an object store, and only need to push a small log file each
> time something changes.

plain old Berkeley DB 6.x might be an option, too.
It has transaction support, page level locking and is a key-value store.

Not sure about the licensing issues though:
http://www.infoworld.com/article/2611450/open-source-software/oracle-switches-berkeley-db-license.html
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/products/berkeleydb/downloads/licensing-098979.html

Also it's not a "multi-level" database.

Cheers,