cyrus-imapd-2.5 build broken at 865199d -- needs -lrt

Giles Malet gdmalet at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Dec 5 14:24:53 EST 2016

Hello Ellie,

> It sounds like we'll need to add some detection to configure.ac for
> working out when to link against librt.

As I mentioned in a prior message, this seems to be a problem on RHES 6.3 (and earlier?), but the v7 line has a more up-to-date glibc which apparently doesn't need -lrt for it to link correctly.

> Do you get the same problem with the master branch?

I tried to compile it and get loads of other errors (such as 'redefinition of typedef ‘message_t’). I'll see if I can sort things out and see what happens with the imapd link. We usually just track the cyrus-imapd-2.5 branch.

> I'm not really clear myself on what differences exist between the three
> types of time it mentions [...]
> I don't really have an informed opinion either way

I'm afraid I don't either.

Thanks,