v3.0

Anatoli me at anatoli.ws
Wed Apr 20 18:50:11 EDT 2016

Hi Leena,

What's not working in 2.5.7 is the functionality to set from cyradm the
specialuse flag that would be visible via IMAP. Consider the following
example:

First we retrieve the information for a folder from cyradm:

getmd user/test/folder at example.com

{user/test/folder at example.com}:
  private:
	specialuse: NIL

>From cyradm we set the specialuse flag:

setmd user/test/folder at example.com /private/specialuse "\\Archive"

And retrieve the information for the folder:

getmd user/test/folder at example.com

{user/test/folder at example.com}:
  private:
	specialuse: \Archive

The flag is set. Now we log in to the mbox via IMAP and query the same info:

q1 LIST "" "*" RETURN (SPECIAL-USE)
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" folder

So, the flag is NOT set. OK, let's set it via IMAP:

s1 SETMETADATA "folder" (/private/specialuse "\\Archive")

Check it:

q2 LIST "" "*" RETURN (SPECIAL-USE)
* LIST (\HasNoChildren \Archive) "/" folder

The flag is set now.

Now let's clear the flag from cyradm:

setmd user/test/folder at example.com /private/specialuse ""

getmd user/test/folder at example.com

{user/test/folder at example.com}:
  private:
	specialuse: NIL

According to cyradm, the flag was removed. Let's check it via IMAP:

q3 LIST "" "*" RETURN (SPECIAL-USE)
* LIST (\HasNoChildren \Archive) "/" folder

The flag is still set.

The T199 actually mentions exactly this behavior. Why do you think that this
is not a bug? How is it supposed the specialuse flag should be set from
cyradm? OR, what does the specialuse property from getmd mean if it's not
the same as SPECIAL-USE extension flag accessible via IMAP?

Regards,
Anatoli