v3.0

Anatoli me at anatoli.ws
Tue Apr 19 02:39:20 EDT 2016

Hi Ellie,

Thanks for the link! This is the information I was looking for. Great,
there's a new beta! I'll test it these days and if it behaves reasonably
well, I'll try to deploy it in a small production environment where the
users are OK being beta-testers. I'll post here any issues found.

With respect to the specialuse flags issue, it's not possible to set these
flags from cyradm in the latest release (2.5.7). I'll check if it's fixed in
the 3.0 beta.

I have a feature suggestion with respect to these flags. I suppose that most
of the deployments use these flags on some folders from the
autocreate_inbox_folders list. So, instead of writing scripts that set these
flags somehow, what if it would be possible to specify the specialuse flag
for each autocreate folder as an optional param (with some (invalid for
folder names) char (e.g. ':') as the delimiter)?

Something like this:
	autocreate_inbox_folders:
Sent:Sent|Trash:trash|Drafts:DRAFTS|Spam:Junk|OtherFolder1|OtherFolder2

The format would be defines as:
folder[:<specialuse_flag>][|folder[:<specialuse_flag>]]... and
<specialuse_flag> would be one of the options from the RFC6154 (section 2),
interpreted case-insensitively.

So when the user logs in for the first time, he/she has all the folders
created with the necessary flags. IMO, a significant simplification of the
mbox creation process.

I haven't analyzed the code for this feature yet, but it should be quite
simple to implement. Just parse the optional params, check if the value is
in a predefined array and after creation of the folder, set the requested
flag. Every flag could be validated for uniqueness or it may be left up to
the Cyrus administrator to decide and specify the correct values (I would
prefer the later, the RFC explicitly says it's up to each server
implementation (section 3)).

Regards,
Anatoli