2.5.3: Inconsistency in subscription list separator?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Sep 24 21:46:20 EDT 2015

Telemetry at the Cyrus end.  I can see that we really need to get docs for this somewhere logical

(CC Nicola: how to do telemetry logging is pretty much a FAQ)

To enable telemetry logging for a user, you need to create a directory on disk.  The directory path is
$confdir/log/$userid/ - for example /var/imap/log/brong

If you have virtdomains enabled, then the username is the login name, so if you login as brong at fastmail.fm, then the path is .../log/brong at fastmail.fm/

IMPORTANT: user cyrus needs to be able to write to this directory, so 'chown cyrus /var/imap/log/brong' or whatever.

Also - only new connections will be logged.  You don't need to restart Cyrus, just entirely closing Thunderbird and restarting it will do the trick.

The folder will contain files called imapd-$pid, e.g. imapd-12345.  It might also have pop3 files, httpd files, whatever other daemons you're running.  The first part of the name is the service name from cyrus.conf.

These log files won't contain passwords (cyrus avoids writing those), but may contain other confidential user data - for example the content of emails - so check them over before sharing publicly!

Cheers,

Bron.

  brong at fastmail.fm