Cyrus-devel Digest, Vol 115, Issue 7

Chris Davies chris at fastmail.com
Tue May 12 21:36:22 EDT 2015

> > Website - the situation with cyrusimap.org and cyrus.foundation is
> > awfully confusing. Somebody needs to take ownership for uncrapping this.
> > Nobody put their hand up yet, so we'll see if it happens by Thursday or
> > I might start appointing people;)

I agree it's confusing and a lot more effort to maintain two websites
when one would suffice. As we're going to rename the Cyrus foundation I
assume the Cyrus.foundation website will be disappearing?
It may not be a single persons job to migrate everything from the old
websites to the new one. I will migrate https://ci.cyrus.foundation/ to
ci.<new website> and others can migrate content from their respective
areas.

> I've already spoken up about trying to do something about this, but to
> no avail.  I'll volunteer to at the very least uncrap things a bit.
> However, the current site has some problems with the authentication
> system.  I have credentials on the site, but had lost/forgotten the
> password.  I used the password reset facility, but now when I log in I
> am asked to change my password, and that process always results in this
> message:
>
>     There seems to be a problem with your login session; this action has
>     been canceled as a precaution against session hijacking. Go back to
>     the previous page, reload that page and then try again.
>
> So I'm stuck.  If someone can fix this, fine; please do so.  If not, I
> can register again, but then need someone with authority to authorize my
> new account, and I'll probably be asked to update my password, and...
> (wash, rinse, repeat).

Have you tried a different web browser?

> > Speaking of naming - cyrusfoundation ==http://www.cyrusfoundation.org/
> > == not us.  We need a new name.  Cyrus IMAP Foundation -> two imappy.
> > Cyrus Mail Foundation -> not enough cal/carddav.  "Cyrus Connect" -
> > doesn't someone already own "* Connect"?
>
> FWIW, both cyrus-connect.com and cyrus-connect.org are available, as are
> the unhyphenated versions, cyrusconnect.{com|org}.
>
> >    But maybe.  reCyrus /
>
> recyrus.{io|com|org} are all available
>
> > librecyrus
>
> lirecyrus.{io|com|org} are all available
>
> Okay, putting aside simple whois searches and getting back to work now.
>      -nic
>
> PS - Great to meet folks at OpenSuSE and Kolab conferences last week. :-)
>
> >   / "recycle".  Hmm...  Great names greatly appreciated.  Make
> > your mark here, but don't make it a trademark that somebody else has
> > already... yeah, that.*sigh*.  All the good ones are taken or insane
> > (or both).

How about
-OpenCyrus.com|.net|.org|.io?