howto: set up a cyrus development environment

ellie timoney ellie at fastmail.com
Sun May 3 20:30:52 EDT 2015

Hi Conrad,

I don't know about Debian 8 currently, but if we're not considering it a
supported platform now, I expect we will once Fastmail upgrades to it.
But we don't yet have even a vague timeline on when that will be.

I don't know much/anything about Docker.  My understanding was that the
current Docker images were more for testing purposes, and that at some
point we would start officially releasing Docker images for people who
want to run Cyrus without having to manage a whole system under it(?).
But I don't imagine they'd be useful as development environments.

I'll keep poking around on my Debian 8 VM as I have time, and see if I
can find a fix for the errors from Cassandane.

Cheers,

ellie