[Differential] [Updated, 2,615 lines] D44: Update reStrusctured Text versions of man pages

Nic Bernstein nic at onlight.com
Thu Jun 11 08:16:21 EDT 2015

On 06/11/2015 05:03 AM, Nicola Nye wrote:
> For what it's worth, Bron and I were discussing whether we should look
> at
> migrating the website from Sphinx to some wiki variant in order to make
> it
> easier for contributors to add to the documentation.
>
> Obviously this then allows greater flexibility in building the man
> pages:
> we can leave them off the online docs and just leave them to ship with
> the cyrus package, or we find another way to include them online
> (which might just mean we end up with a different, but still slightly
> annoying process, such as wikihtml2man!).
>
> Something to discuss at today's meeting...
> https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/g4xnqjjb5zvomzeb4kqvja3fz4a
>
> Or shoot through your ideas on the list!

Nicola,
For my part, I'd just as soon we don't go changing horses in midstream.
I've got a lot of hours invested in the current suite of solutions, and
to change to some new, different, set of annoyances at this point would
just mean more work.

As for whether other parts of the website are in Wiki or Sphinx, that's
a different matter.  I don't see any reason why we can't use a mix of
the two.  Using something like Sphinx for material which needs
flexibility in presentation makes sense.  Using a Wiki for community
contributed material makes sense.  Let's do both.

Being in US Central time, while you all are nearing the end of your day,
I've only just stared mine -- no caffine yet -- so the meetup is out of
reach.

Ta!
     -nic

Nic Bernstein                             nic at onlight.com
Onlight llc.                              www.onlight.com
219 N. Milwaukee St., Ste. 2A	          v. 414.272.4477
Milwaukee, Wisconsin  53202		  f. 414.290.0335