Minutes 23 Feb

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Mon Feb 23 10:05:50 EST 2015

On 2015-02-23 14:31, Matt wrote:
> On 23/02/15 13:19, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> [snip snip]
>> Matt:
>> * splitting lib/imap code into sensible directories and heirarchy
>> * configuration parsing
>> * potentially SNMP/statistics code (I have an email from Greg
>> somewhere detailing what's needed here)
> [snip snip]
>
> I could be wrong here but I think maybe Jeroen was doing work on the
> config system; I'm happy to defer to him or whatever makes it easiest
> get it done. I see my role as supporting the main coders; so although I
> have preferences I have no agenda and I'm happy to do whatever people
> feel helps them the most.

I'll take it as a compliment, but I'm not a main coder :P

My configuration work set out to achieve two things;

   - More consistent naming convention for options (so that all
autocreate functional options indeed start with autocreate_, etc.),

   - Correct the naming for new options introduced (such as the separate
server cert+key for inbound connections, a separate server CA for
outbound connections (murder/proxy), and separate settings for checking
client certificates for authentication).

This resulted in coding an "obsoleted setting warning" system, but that
as far as I've needed to go.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--