autoreconf: 'configure.ac' or 'configure.in' is required

ellie timoney ellie at fastmail.com
Mon Aug 3 03:47:19 EDT 2015

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015, at 05:16 PM, Chris Davies wrote:
> Running through this[1] guide on a clean machine, i'm getting:
> *autoreconf: 'configure.ac' or 'configure.in' is required* whenever I run "autoreconf -vi", step 3 of the Install and configure Cassandane section. Has something been removed or is this a new dependency?
>
> Chris

That documentation is wrong.  Cassandane doesn't use autotools, so
autoreconf (et al) obviously won't work.

It looks like a duplicate of:
https://git.cyrus.foundation/w/setup_a_cyrus_development_environment/

I don't know why there's a duplicate copy, nor where the bad Cassandane
instructions came from.  The phabricator wiki version is correct, at
least was at time of last modification.  No idea what state the
doc.cyrus.foundation version is in (but at very least it's wrong for
Cassandane).

Links:

  1. https://docs.cyrus.foundation/imap/developer/installguide.html