failed building quota list for ''

Thomas Jarosch thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com
Thu Feb 27 03:42:57 EST 2014

Hi,

we run the 'quota' command every fifteen minutes
to gather statistics about the disk usage.

After updating to cyrus-imapd 2.4.x, I sometimes (rarely though)
get this message in the logs:

Feb 27 01:30:02 mail quota[12433]: failed building quota list for '': System
I/O error: No such file or directory

No idea why this is happening. I've now replaced the
'quota' binary with a wrapper to check if f.e. two
quota programs run at the same time and interact with each other:
(the backup script also dumps the quota)

--------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh

LOG="/datastore/imap-db/quota_debug.txt"

echo "quota wrapper $$ started" >>$LOG
date >>$LOG
ps auxf >>$LOG

/usr/cyrus/bin/quota.real $*
date >>$LOG
echo "quota wrapper $$ ended" >>$LOG
echo >>$LOG

All I can say for now: It didn't happen with cyrus-imapd 2.3.x :)
valgrind is also happy on my test box.

Cheers,
Thomas