Wrong message size in cyrus.index if mime boundary limit is hit?

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Sep 30 07:05:17 EDT 2013

Hi,

i had some problems with syncing a mailbox (see
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.cyrus/37513 for details).
Recreating the cyrus.index file
with reconstruct resulted in the same wrong size in cyrus.index.
The message hat much over boundary_limit mime parts.

I suspect that the size in cyrus.index is only size of the parsed parts,
which would explain why the recreated cyrus.index had the same wrong
message size.

Is my assumption correct, or did I miss something?

As this will break replication, should we store the filesize in
cyrus.index in case we hit the boundary limit.

Regards

      Michael Menge

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen