Cyrus IMAP 2.5 Discrete Murder

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Fri Jun 14 08:19:27 EDT 2013

Hi there,

I've attempted to deploy a discrete murder topology setup using git master @
534066.

I run in to a particular issue attempting to create a mailbox, for which I
have attempted two scenarios:

  a) have the frontends configured with no partition-default setting,

  b) have the frontends configured with a partition-default of
/var/spool/imap/

The configuration is working fine for cyrus-imapd-2.4.17.

In case a), a ". CREATE user/someuser at domain.tld" results in a
"Unknown/invalid partition" error,

In case b), the mailbox does get created, but on the frontend, which of course
is not the intention, and while I would be able to reproduce the error message
I subsequently get, it's going to take me a while to move forward and then
backwards again.

Attached are the configuration files, for reference.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG