Expunged mail files left 'on disk'?

Karl Pielorz kpielorz_lst at tdx.co.uk
Fri Jul 5 05:31:36 EDT 2013

--On 04 July 2013 15:23 +0200 Sebastian Hagedorn <Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de>
wrote:

> What do you have for cyr_expire in your cyrus.conf? And what for
> expunge_mode in imapd.conf? Those settings determine how expunged mails
> are handled.

For cyr_expire (in cyrus.conf) - I have:

 delprune      cmd="cyr_expire -E 3" at=0400

I have no setting for 'expunge_mode' in imapd.conf - having checked,
"Immediate" mode is the default behavior in which the message files and
cache entries are purged at the time of the EXPUNGE"

I didn't realise cyr_expire did anything other than expire the duplicate
supression stuff - and I didn't know 'expunge_mode' existed.

Having said that - would the 'cyr_expire' line above (and the apparent
'default to immediate') explain why the files are remaining behind?

Thanks,

-Karl