Special-Use and Cyrus 2.5 git

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Fri Apr 26 10:17:58 EDT 2013

Is anybody actually using cyrus 2.5 git in production other than FastMail?

I'm planning to do the mailboxes.db format changes before releasing 2.5, so that we don't have to support a stupid intermediate format.  It's been on my todo list for AGES as one of the final blockers to 2.5 being released, and I've finally got some spare cycles away from our internal search code.

But it would simplify things considerably if I don't have to write an importer that goes upstream.  I'd just manually script a conversion of the FastMail servers, and then toss away the intermediate code.

Of course - I can't do that if a bunch of you are already using it - so speak now (in the next week or so) or forever deal with your specialuse fields going away on upgrade.

(converting from 2.4 xlist_foo: config options is always going to be messy, but that's a given)

  brong at fastmail.fm