I/O stats for lmtp, imap and pop

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Fri Jan 6 16:26:10 EST 2012

On 2012-01-06 18:17, Olivier ROLAND wrote:
>> Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>>
>> I can, and would like to, push this out to the
>> git.cyrusimap.org/cyrus-imapd
>> master branch for inclusion as is in 2.5, if there's no objections.
>>
> Just to be clear. The patch has not be modified to use
> telemetry_rusage()
> The philosophy of telemetry_rusage seem to be : must be POSIX
> guaranteed
>
> Don't know if we really want specific kernel feature here.
> But I agree with Wesley too :-)

Can you then please elaborate?

I see one use of getrusage(), in imap/telemetry.c (line ~107), in the
function telemetry_rusage(), introduced by Bron Gondwana in June 2010
(f3d1d19e).

What seems to be the nature of the disagreement?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG