"make dist" and cunit

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Fri Apr 20 09:10:08 EDT 2012

On 2012-04-20 11:15, Дилян Палаузов wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can SMakefile be deleted?

If it's not needed, it can.

> Do we need "make snapshot" in addition to "make dist"?

It'd be nice to maintain a target doing pre-releases of current GIT, as
especially working towards 2.5 I plan on doing some of them.

Perhaps superfluous, but xversion.h only needs to be created on make
snapshot because it is the git repository and not the resulting tarball
that is capable of getting it's hands on the current git commit hash for
HEAD. This is not necessary for make dist though, as the version number
should have been configured in configure.ac and there should be no use
of a git commit hash anywhere.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--