Let's map tickets to milestones

Ken Murchison murch at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Apr 15 16:25:10 EDT 2012

The CalDAV code is almost entirely orthogonal to the base Cyrus code so
I don't see it effecting the stability of the other services.  Those
changes that were made to the base code are running at CMU so they
should be fine.  That being said, if httpd is complete crap, then it
could effect the stability of the server as a whole.

I already have compile-time options in place so that httpd is only built
if --enable-caldav and/or
--enable-rss are specified.

We already have CalDAV and RSS components in bugzilla which I have been
using to remind myself of things that need to be fixed/completed.

Rebasing CalDAV on master won't be trivial, but I also don't think it
will be overly difficult.  It only took me about a day to go from master
to 2.4, so I don't think the reverse will take much longer.  Its mostly
just catching up with the API changes that Bron/Greg have made.

Its hard to gauge the support effort at this point until we get more
people using it.  Its mostly understanding how to configure the clients,
since each one that I have used has different requirements.  iCal is the
best since it has the most advanced auto-configure detection.  Evolution
is pretty good at finding calendars, Lightning needs to be spoon fed.
Outlook doesn't have any native CalDAV support that I'm aware of.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Principal Systems Software Engineer