RSS support in Cyrus

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Mon Sep 19 13:15:18 EDT 2011

On 19.09.2011 18:07, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 12:37:52PM -0400, Ken Murchison wrote:
>> +1 for RSS (obviously)
>
> I think if it's going into production it should go onto the
> roadmap for 2.5 as well, unless we get 2.5 out before then.
> Otherwise the development effort of keeping it separate is
> too much work.
>
> And +1 for RSS - we want it too.

Hey Bron,

given you want it too, what are your thoughts on branching off 2.5 in a
timely fashion? That would be not all too soon from now, perhaps even as
soon as we can declare database formats final -which would get it to a
state that can be released in the form of development snapshots pretty
early in the stabilization cycle before the .0 release, no?

> From what Dave was saying, your first implementation is going
> to be on top of 2.4 to get a stable base for running by the
> end of this year.  Good choice :)  I'm really hoping to have
> things nailed down for 2.5 soon.  I'll send a separate email
> to cyrus-devel to flesh out some things we discussed in the
> IRC channel once I've researched a bit more.

Part of the answer to my previous question, I suppose, is going to the
list :P

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--