git master branch going unstable

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Jan 11 07:29:09 EST 2011

Actually - it's been unstable for a few days now since I added the
"specialuse" patches - but it's about to get more unstable pretty
fast.  Greg (gnb) has about 100 minor fixups to be applied, and then
we're going to start pushing on to big ticket items:

 * conversations (cross folder thread) initial support from Greg
 * and work on merging replication into imapd from me
 * autosieve and autocreate patches
 * charset handling RFCs

That's the user visible stuff on my internal timeline for 2.5.  There's
also a pile of work to be done in simplifying and completing the 'buf',
'prot' and 'dlist' APIs and using them in considerably more places rather
than hand-spun data structures everywhere.  This should make memory management
simpler and more robust, and memory lifetimes a lot easier to track (at the
expense of a few more mallocs - but honestly, they're cheap compared to
complex tracking of who gets to free what)

Anyway:

    * !!!!!!!!!! CONSIDER THIS A WARNING !!!!!!!!!!! *

Use git master at your own risk, punk.

Thanks for your attention,

Bron ( if you're not using a fixed-width font, enjoy the space damage above )