Murder send client to backend

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Fri Feb 11 17:36:35 EST 2011

On 11/02/11 21:18 +0100, Frank Patzig wrote:
>Hallo,
>
>i have a murder system. I need in the backend the client ip address
>from the frontent. In the cyrus and imap conf fount not a option for
>the problem. In the tcpdump found not a client ip. Can in the NOOP
><ip-address> or in the loginproccess/connect this?

If your clients support IMAP referrals, then the client should be connecting
directly to the backed and showing up in syslog. If your frontend is
proxying your connections, then they'll log to the syslog of the frontend.

A work around for that case might be to selectively configure remote
syslogging on your frontends to all your backends.

--
Dan White