Your Cyrus imapd ACL patch

Kristóf Katus kristof.katus at intra2net.com
Thu Aug 11 12:10:33 EDT 2011

Hi there,

I'll look into this matter in detail tomorrow, I'm not familiar with the code
either.

On Tuesday, August 09, 2011 08:51:38 AM Greg Banks wrote:
> Hmm, it looks like perhaps mboxlist_is_owner() is walking off the end of
> the 'name' string when the folder name is user.foo and the length of
> 'foo' is less than the length of the current logged in user.
>
> Any chance you could fix this?

I looked at the master branch, and there seems to be something wrong going on
with the calculation of the identifierlen at the first glance. I don't know
whether something else is broken or not though. What if you initialize
identifierlen to zero at line imap/mboxlist.c:mboxlist_setacl:1389, so: "int
identifierlen = 0;" and later on before the mboxlist_is_owner call at line 1454
you insert the line "identifierlen = strlen(identifier);"? I'm going home now,
end of the day here :), I'd appreciate if you could test it this way.

Thanks,

Kristóf