Cyrus IMAPd packages in Debian

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Sep 22 03:39:03 EDT 2010

Hi Benjamin,

I've been pointed at this:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-cyrus-imapd-debian-devel/2010-August/003427.html

One of the things I'm trying to do with Cyrus 2.4 is
making the upgrade process easier.

I've already made one change that will help enormously.
On startup, the command "ctl_cyrusdb -r" is always run
before starting any other commands.  I've made it open
every configured database file and check the magic
number to determine what type the file is, then convert
if the configuration says it should be a different type.

I'm currently looking into automating BDB file upgrade,
so you can link a newer Cyrus against a newer version
of the Berkeley libraries and have a clean upgrade
path.

If there's anything else we can do to make packaging
new versions of Cyrus easier for you, let me know!
We run Cyrus on Debian ourselves at FastMail, so we
care about it being good there :)

Regards,