Wiki, information on database back ends.

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Wed Sep 15 15:20:45 EDT 2010

On 15/09/10 21:19 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
>> As far as skiplist, that seems to be a proprietary format.
>>
>> skiplist: ?
>>

>http://git.cyrusimap.org/cyrus-imapd/tree/lib/cyrusdb_skiplist.c is the
>implementation of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skip_list inspired by
>ftp://ftp.cs.umd.edu/pub/skipLists/skiplists.pdf.
>
>I fail to see how exactly this could lead to the conclusion it may be
>proprietary software.

Not proprietary software, but a proprietary database format, in that it's
specific to Cyrus, as opposed to something like Berekely, where there's
external documentation.

I'm not trying to make a judgement, just trying to answer the question
"what is skiplist?", which due to my own ignorance I can't answer.

--
Dan White