CUnit testing (was: Cyrus IMAPd 2.4.1 Released)

Björn Fahller cml at fahller.se
Thu Oct 28 10:04:50 EDT 2010

On Thursday 28 October 2010 15.52.49 Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
> Greg Banks wrote:

> > In the short term I was hoping to get some point regression tests for
> > some of the lower-level code happening.  I was thinking of using CUnit
> > http://cunit.sourceforge.net/ to help manage the tests.  Thoughts?

I obviously missed this discussion. What are the specifics you want to test
for?

Depending on your needs, may I humbly and shamelessly plug
http://crpcut.sourceforge.net ?

Disadvantage: to my knowledge only useful on Linux currently (os/x probably
works, but I won't guarantee it.)

Advantage: Very easy to test pesky low level failures that are quite difficult
to achieve in a controlled way in a running system (close() fails, broken
connections, disk full, read() corrupts, out of memory, etc.)

   _
/Bjorn