CUnit testing (was: Cyrus IMAPd 2.4.1 Released)

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Oct 28 09:52:49 EDT 2010

Greg Banks wrote:
> I've been looking at the testing angle for three reasons:
>
> a) it's sort of a personal fetish of mine anyway
>
> b) some parts of the code are clearly untested, and I've only read a
> small fraction of it so far
>
> c) my work for Fastmail will include doing significant surgery to some
> parts of the code, which worries me, given the absence of a significant
> regression test
>
> In the short term I was hoping to get some point regression tests for
> some of the lower-level code happening.  I was thinking of using CUnit
> http://cunit.sourceforge.net/ to help manage the tests.  Thoughts?

Hi Greg,

I'm trying to make sure Ken Murchison agrees with CUnit, and hopefully he
does; Dave McMurtrie and myself are both of the opinion (I'm paraphrasing) "we
don't know anything about CUnit but you obviously do and care about it so
please go ahead", but we need to make sure Ken is on board before we go off
and make his life any more difficult.

Thanks,

Kind regards,

--