IRC Meeting on 2.4.3 Release Mon, Nov 8th, 11:00 UTC

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Fri Nov 5 20:46:48 EDT 2010

On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 03:14:47PM +0100, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
> On Friday, November 05, 2010 02:47:02 pm Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >

> I was just made aware of the fact 11:00 UTC is actually as early as 6am on the
> east-coast of the U.S.
>
> Given our diversity in terms of timezones, I suppose we are looking at
> somewhere a little after mid-day UTC, or a little after mid-night UTC, and
> something or someone has got to give way anyway.
>
> Since I do not want to exclude our people at CMU in EST, nor Bron, I suppose a
> better time for the meeting is;
>
> 1) a little after mid-night UTC, closing in on the end-of-business in the
> U.S., and closing in on the start-of-business in Australia, or;

I'm teaching a 6:15am gym class on Tuesday morning Australian time - I
should be out and showered by 7:30 and on a train to work in time to get
in the office about 8am.  We're currently UTC+11 here, so that's actually
21:00 UTC.  That sounds like a pretty viable time for a release meeting,
since it's still business hours in all of the US, so it's just the Europeans
who need to be around outside business hours :)