IRC Meeting on 2.4.3 Release Mon, Nov 8th, 11:00 UTC

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Fri Nov 5 09:47:02 EDT 2010

Hello,

In the Cyrus IMAP 2.4 series, many bugs have been resolved thanks to many of
us working hard, together, on reporting, resolving and all kinds of
administrivia. Please allow me to highlight Bron Gondwana's work

Hence, we seem to be getting very close to justifying a 2.4.3 release so that
we can get the many bugfixes in the hands of the userbase. We aim to release
2.4.3 next week, to which end Bugzilla has been updated[1].

To discuss whether any showstoppers or roadblocks still exist, whether
administrive tasks need to be assigned and completed in terms of the actual
release, and to plan such release in terms of date, time and general
availability of the people involved, I would like to invite you to join us on
IRC Monday, November 8th, at 11:00 UTC in #cyrus on the FreeNode IRC network.

The meeting will most likely be a quick one, as we are aiming to simply touch
base with everyone involved, gather and discuss what would need to happen for
an actual release of 2.4.3, discuss some of the remaining blockers[2] and see
whether any of such blockers justify postponing releasing the already
available bug-fixes to the public.

Note that the URL with bugs resolved in 2.4.3 referred to earlier[1], is not
necessarily fully inclusive, as many bugs are reported and/or resolved without
involving Bugzilla tickets. Hence, I will be working on a list of commits made
to solve real problems, and log the corresponding tickets this weekend -for as
far as I can. Part of the conversation on Monday is going to be on progress in
that area, going over the list of things reported and fixed.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

[1] http://www.cyrusimap.org/mediawiki/index.php/Bugs_Resolved_in_2.4.3
[2] http://www.cyrusimap.org/mediawiki/index.php/Bugs_Blocking_2.4.3