Selection of most fitting partition/backend upon account creation

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Dec 15 18:06:50 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 03:31:00PM +0100, Michael Menge wrote:
> I would like to see this included in the official cyrus.
>
> It would be nice if the space reserved by quota could be
> taken into account.

Oooh... interesting.  Yes, that does make sense.  I don't
know about you, but we over-supply quota by heaps.  We
have a "balancing task" that watches for servers filling
up and moves users automagically behind the scenes.

We use sync_move, which I'm planning to write into Cyrus
for the future as well - where it uses the replication
engine rather than the evil XFER :)  Much saner, and it
means you can sync everything FIRST and then just
replicate the diff once you actually shut down the
mailbox, so the downtime is much shorter.