Policy for Accepting Patches

Wesley Craig wes at umich.edu
Mon Nov 16 21:51:15 EST 2009

On 16 Nov 2009, at 07:40, Dave McMurtrie wrote:
> Дилян Палаузов wrote:
>> Can somebody enlighten me what is the policy for accepting patches
>> in cyrus/imap?  I mean particularly bugs #3054 and 3113.  Will
>> they be integrated in future releases, who can tell me when will
>> this happen?
>
> Officially, http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/bylaws.html
>
> Since that page isn't completely up to date, there are currently
> two people who do the lion's share of CVS commits.  Ken Murchison
> who works here at Carnegie Mellon is the lead Cyrus developer and
> Bron Gondwana from fastmail.fm.  Basically, as time permits, they
> review patches and apply them.

As far as they apply to the question (not very much), the bylaws seem
pretty up to date to me.  There's no place in the bylaws for noting
current committers, just initial committers.  Perhaps that's an
oversight.  Bron was invited to be a committer some time ago.

None of that really answers Дилян's question, tho.  The way to
get your patches integrated is to get a committer interested.  In the
case of 3054, the patch is backwards, but it seems like Ken has
accepted the bug.  So, the answer there is probably "bother Ken" or
if you give up on Ken, find someone else who considers the bug (if it
is one) important enough to make the small effort.

For 3113, Bron apparently committed a fix in March...

:wes