Changing message filename convention

Jeff jlar310 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 09:07:37 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 11:32 PM, Bron Gondwana <brong at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 07:34:18AM +1100, Bron Gondwana wrote:
>> There's no guarantee I've got them all, and they're totally untested,
>> but here's a couple of patches.  I'm planning to apply the first one
>> (once it's tested obviously) but not necessarily the second one!
>> Putting all the filename creating logic in one place is sane for sure.
>

> Here's a less broken version of that patch - at least it compiles!
>
> ALSO - grep the sources for "skip non-message files".  There might
> be other places too, but that's two of them.

Wow. Above and beyond the call of duty. I'm glad I could be a catalyst
for common sense in the source code. I wan't to change as little as
possible on our mail servers running an older version, but the patches
give me a good strong push in the right direction even though I can't
apply them directly. Curiously, the latest cyrus-imapd has many more
hard-coded file name instances that 2.2.12

Thanks,

Jeff