Incorrect size calculations on bogus messages

Gerd v. Egidy lists at egidy.de
Fri Jun 26 03:35:30 EDT 2009

Hi Ken,

> I wonder if we should just reject these messages in lmtpd.

if your mailer daemon has already accepted the mail but lmtp rejects it, you
have to create a bounce message. When the message is spam you'll usually get a
faked sender address and have problems delivering the bounce. I've been
creating all kinds of solutions to get rid of such bounces.

So please don't add another case where lmtp rejects a message without at the
same time creating a filter for the mailer daemon which uses exactly the same
criteria for rejection. The filter could be created for the milter interface
and thus work for sendmail and postfix.

Kind regards,

Gerd

--
Address (better: trap) for people I really don't want to get mail from:
jonas at cactusamerica.com