Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.16 Released

Cyril Servant cyril.servant at atosorigin.com
Tue Dec 29 04:48:14 EST 2009

2009/12/21 Ken Murchison <murch at andrew.cmu.edu>:
> I am pleased to announce the release of Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.16.  This
> release should be considered production quality.  Major changes in the
> release are the following:
>
> - Added 'user_deny.db' to be able to selectively deny users access to
>  Cyrus services.
> - Added 'popuseimapflags' option which enables setting and
>  obeying IMAP flags in the POP server.
> - Added optimized method of handling an empty maildrop in pop3d.
>  (based on work of Cyril Servant <elfejoyeux at gmail.com>)
> - Added 'annotation_definitions' option for specifying
>  external (third-party) annotations. (courtesy of Thomas
>  Viehmann <tv at beamnet.de>)
> - Added COMPRESSion to replication protocol. (courtesy of Bron Gondwana
>  <brong at fastmail.fm>)
>
> For full details, please see doc/changes.html and
> doc/install-upgrade.html which are included in the distribution.
>
> URLs for this release:
> ftp://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/cyrus/cyrus-imapd-2.3.16.tar.gz
> or
> http://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/cyrus/cyrus-imapd-2.3.16.tar.gz
>

> Questions and comments can be directed to
> info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu (public list), or cyrus-bugs at andrew.cmu.edu.
>
> Happy Holidays!
>
> --
> Kenneth Murchison
> Systems Programmer
> Project Cyrus Developer/Maintainer
> Carnegie Mellon University

Hi !

Is there a reason to disallow the use of sql back-end for
annotation_db ? Here we use an old home-made mysql back-end for
annotation_db and it works fine.
So I propose this diff in lib/imapoptions :
-{ "annotation_db", "skiplist", STRINGLIST("berkeley",
"berkeley-hash", "skiplist")}
+{ "annotation_db", "skiplist", STRINGLIST("berkeley",
"berkeley-hash", "skiplist", "sql")}

--
Cyril