AMD64 and PIC

Lorenzo M. Catucci lorenzo at sancho.ccd.uniroma2.it
Wed Apr 1 12:48:22 EDT 2009

I don't know if it's relevant, but I've posted many times a small
opt-in patch to configure.in that does work (for me?) on both i386 and
x86_64.

Here it is once more...

A nice forthweek to all!

Yours,

	lorenzo

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009, Bron Gondwana wrote:

BG> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/amd64/howtos/index.xml?part=1&chap=3
BG>
BG> (just because they seem to have documented it well)
BG>
BG> I ran in to this with libcyrus.a when I put Ubuntu Jaunty Beta amd64 on
BG> my laptop today.  Passing CFLAGS with -fPIC to configure does the trick,
BG> but it would be nice if our configure could handle it.
BG>
BG> Bron ( not at all an expert in configure writing! )

|   Lorenzo M.  Catucci   | Centro di Calcolo e Documentazione           |
| catucci at ccd.uniroma2.it | Università degli Studi di Roma "Tor Vergata" |
|                         | Via O. Raimondo 18 ** I-00173 ROMA  ** ITALY |
|  Tel. +39 06 7259 2255  | Fax. +39 06 7259 2125                        |