Time for 2.3.13?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Sep 10 21:33:15 EDT 2008

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 16:00:07 +0200, "Thomas Jarosch" <thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com> said:
> Hello Bron and Wes,
>
> I've experienced another bug and I'm not sure if the skiplist/locking
> code is
> at fault or not. I was deleting huge amounts of mail in many subfolders
> on a slow box. The tool that started the request got a timeout after some
> minutes and this left cyrus-imapd in a broken state:
>
> The mailboxes were still listed in mailboxes.db and the mails were still
> on
> disc. Every cyrus.* file in the mail directories were already deleted and
> so
> cyrus was unable to recover from this.
>
> Is this somehow related or is this another issue that needs tracing?

Can you post the logic that your script was using?  That might help.

Doesn't look like a skiplist issue directly to me.  Possibly it's a
"was in a transaction and rolled back" issue, but that's separate,
and it doesn't explain the mails still being on disk!

Also - do you have split meta?  I.e. are the mail files in a different
location than the cyrus.* files?

  brong at fastmail.fm