about the replication

Rudy Gevaert Rudy.Gevaert at UGent.be
Thu Jan 24 02:57:08 EST 2008

Rob Mueller wrote:

>> I ran my script last night on one of the back-ends.  This one has 20928
>> mailboxes.  And 1067 are not in sync.  From those, 897 users didn't
>> have all their mailboxes replicated to the replica.  The others had
>> the same folder count, but one or more messages were not the same (or
>> weren't there).
>
> We also have a script which does this for all users every week. It
> checks for each user that the following match:
>
> 1. Folder list
> 2. Folder subscriptions
> 3. Quota (total + used)
> 4. Sieve scripts
> 5. For every folder, status output for (messages uidnext unseen recent
> uidvalidity)
> 6. For every message in every folder, flags + message sizes + GUID

I'm moving to a mix of thoses.  Once you have the framework adding an
extra check is only a little more work.

> FYI, unfortunately at the moment this script is fairly closely tied to
> our system (it uses a bunch of other modules to work out master/replica
> servers for a user). It probably would be nice to factor that stuff out
> so others could use it...

Mine is fairly generic, when it's more robust I'll put it online somewhere.

Rudy

Rudy Gevaert          Rudy.Gevaert at UGent.be          tel:+32 9 264 4734
Directie ICT, afd. Infrastructuur  Direction ICT, Infrastructure dept.
Groep Systemen                     Systems group
Universiteit Gent                  Ghent University
Krijgslaan 281, gebouw S9, 9000 Gent, Belgie               www.UGent.be