got bogus offset

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 3 12:34:53 EST 2008

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008, Rudy Gevaert wrote:

> alpen mail2/cyr_expire[21626]: IOERROR: reading cache record for
> mydomain.be!user.my^user: got bogus offset 1851880828 for 2/0; try
> reconstruct
>
> If I look at the user his mailbox I see .NEW files.

That's because cyr_expire blew up halfway through rewriting the file.

> I'm going to run reconstruct now.
>
> More interesting is, why do I get the error.  If somebody can help me debug
> it, I would appreciate it.

sync_server used to break cyrus.expunge files if new messages appeared in
the middle of a mailbox: fixed in CVS on 4/10/2007.

"reconstruct -k" still breaks cyrus.expunge files unless you apply the
patch I sent in last week. I used that reconstruct on 50500 master and
50500 replica accounts over the Christmas break, so it's had a fair test.
No one has moaned that I've thrown all their email away yet...

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.