[patch] mailbox select option for ipurge

Thomas Jarosch thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com
Thu Aug 21 05:01:00 EDT 2008

Hello Ken,

here's a repost of a patch from 2005 that somehow got lost on cyrus-devel:
(http://marc.info/?l=cyrus-devel&m=112134511310688&w=2)

The patch still works and applies fine to cyrus-imapd 2.3.12p2

Thomas

Hello,

I needed a way to purge only a specific mailbox using the ipurge utility.
"-f" wasn't the way to go as it's recursive.

Please have a look at the attached patch. The new option was first called
"-F mailbox" but I can happen too easy that you specify "-f mailbox"
and delete all your mail, so I changed it to "-M mailbox".

The verbose output was also improved to show which folders were skipped.
The patch was developed for cyrus-imapd 2.2.12 and applies cleanly to HEAD.

Is this mailinglist or bugzilla the right place to submit patches?

Best regards,
Thomas Jarosch