2.2.13 authentication problems?

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Fri Aug 15 18:41:20 EDT 2008

--On August 15, 2008 5:23:58 PM -0400 Wesley Craig <wes at umich.edu> wrote:

> On 15 Aug 2008, at 15:54, Michael Loftis wrote:
>> Can you point me to any code lines so maybe I can start looking?
>> Might be it's just not causing a core dump in my version but it's
>> still causing auth issues "somehow".
>
> The bug I'm thinking of was introduced in 2.3, so it won't be the same.
> But looking over imap/backend.c is probably worth the effort.  You can
> also introduce some logging, if you don't want to bother with SSL
> decryption.

Yeah I'm just not quite sure where to start.  I already discovered (and had
to patch out) the errant bind() call in backend_connect.  Found out that
was removed in 2.3 (most of our frontend proxies mention their 'servername'
as 127.0.0.1 in /etchosts, WORSE they connect to the backends using an
entirely different interface unrelated to the servername.)