Cyrus patches, cyrus patches. Get yer Cyrus patches here

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 10 20:02:50 EDT 2007

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 02:38:07PM -0400, Ken Murchison wrote:
> A lot of the patches (past and present) have been implemented.  Some of the
> others will be implemented in time.  Others may not.

Some of them are still waiting for me to finish polishing them as well!
In particular the pcreposix patch.

Some of the others, like SIGQUIT support (still doesn't close down IDLE
connections at the moment...) we're still working at convincing Ken that
they're the right approach.  We'll be keeping them up-to-date with the
latest release, so people can always grab them if they want to be "beta
testers" of a new feature.

Bigger things like statuscache, hashuser, commandtimer, folder limit -
they're at least protected by config options - but imapd.conf is already
getting pretty big for a basic sane setup.

And actionstring, fromheader, autoreply, mailwasher - they're
workarounds for specific client bugs that don't necessarily
meet the IMAP standards so I can see why sites that don't have
to pander to their users' whims as much as us might not want them.