index.c API

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 31 06:09:31 EDT 2007

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 23:36:44 -0400, "Ken Murchison" <murch at andrew.cmu.edu> said:
> Without going to the source to look closely, my guess is that those
> functions that don't take a mailbox as an argument were designed to work
> on the currently selected mailbox.  Those that do take a mailbox arg,
> can operate on any mailbox.

I thought that too until I saw them being quite happy to just read from
the global cache_base value.

> It won't take much convincing to straighten this out.  Anything which
> gets us closer to being thread-safe is a good thing IMHO.

Ok - I might start by writing a patch which dumps those globals and causes
mailbox to be passed to each function in index.c then.  That will give an
easier base to build the cache safety stuff on top of.

Bron ( building up to crc32s! )
  brong at fastmail.fm