Fwd: mech_step takes long to return

Aditya Khasnis aditya.khasnis at criticalpath.net
Tue Oct 23 08:56:00 EDT 2007

Hi Igor,

Don't think its the LDAP server, for queries that do not use SASL, we get
results in no time, the server behaves correctly.

In the LDAP server trace statements, I see that the LDAP server calls the
function sasl_server_start() and then its a long time before the next
statement is executed.

I have put debug statements in the server.c file and it shows that it takes a
long time to come back from mech_step().

The parameters passed to the SASL functions as also correct as we receive a
response from SASL after sometime.

I am not completely denying that the problem could be in the server but the
current set of traces make me think that its something to do with the SASL
and AIX 5.2

I missed mentioning an interesting piece of information, the same code and the
same library works fine with AIX 5.1 and AIX 4.3, its only with AIX 5.2 that
we see this problem. All other platforms, Solaris, HP-UX, Linux work fine
with the present code.

Regards,
Aditya