Cyrus 2.3.10 RC3

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 22 06:44:40 EDT 2007

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007, Bron Gondwana wrote:

> Annoyingly, it means that I'll have to add 8 bytes to each index record
> because of alignment issues (ho hum - or maybe store the crc32 of the
> cache record here too, stranger things have been suggested.

I like this idea.

cache_version already lives in the index file when it logically belongs in
the cache file (I imagine for simple upgrades of existing mailstores).

> Indeed, this means not having to add anything to the cache format at
> all.  I'm liking it already!)

It might not hurt to have a extra copy of the CRC in the cache file, but
let's not make things unduely complicated for ourselves.

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.