Cyrus 2.3.10 RC3

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Oct 18 20:39:50 EDT 2007

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 03:04:06PM -0400, Ken Murchison wrote:
> I just put together a third release candidate for Cyrus 2.3.10 which
> fixes a couple of bugs, and hopefully resolves outstanding build issues
> with com_err and xversion.  I'd appreciate any independent testing before I
> release this to the masses.
>
> If there are any outstanding issues that you believe still need to be
> addressed in 2.3.10, please let me know ASAP.
>
> http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~murch/cyrus-imapd-2.3.10rc3.tar.gz

Our patches (having removed fix-segfaults and pcre obviously, since they
are upstream now) apply fine, and it builds correctly, both with and
without PCRE (I have kept a chroot without PCRE installed for testing).

I've rolled it out on our one 2.3.10 production pair, and it's working
fine there too :)

One thing - I see there's a "popd_canon: " debuging message x 2 each
time someone logs in via pop3.  I'm assuming this was just a testing
thing that got left in somewhere?  It doesn't both me that much, but
it looks a little unneccesary scattered through the logs (this was in
the previous RCs as well, I just didn't get around to mentioning it)