cyrus 2.3.9 + cyr_expire + Thunderbird 2 -> Crash

Florian G. Pflug fgp at phlo.org
Thu Oct 11 21:14:52 EDT 2007

Ken Murchison wrote:
> Florian G. Pflug wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> When I setup annotiation on mailboxes (like Junk, Trash, ..) to have
>> cyr_expire remove messages older than x days, Thunderbird stops responding
>> when I try to open the folder after cyr_expire has run.
>>
> Create the directory <configdir>/log/<userid> owned by the cyrus user, and
> all protocol traffic will be logged for the given userid

Wow, now that I call a debugging aid. Pretty cool!

I'm finding some very strange lines in the protocol log.
<1192151330<11 UID fetch 1:* (FLAGS)
 >1192151330>* 1 FETCH (FLAGS () UID 11365)
* 123 FETCH (FLAGS () UID 11487)
* 124 FETCH (FLAGS () >1192151330>UID 11488)
* 125 FETCH (FLAGS () UID 11489)

I'm not sure if this is a logging artefact, or really sent over the wire - but
it certainly looks wrong.

greetings, Florian Pflug