A couple of goodies

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Jul 25 08:33:35 EDT 2007

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:45:18 +0100 (BST), "David Carter" <dpc22 at cam.ac.uk> said:
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, Bron Gondwana wrote:
>
> > Oh, one more bug too (I haven't fixed this yet - probably tomorrow) is
> > that the admin user can no longer delete user mailboxes.  Not sure why
> > yet, I've just read the cron messages this very second and I'm out all
> > evening.
>
> Seems to work for me. The admin user needs to add a delete ACL for
> itself,
> but I think that this has always been the case.
>
>    . setacl user/dpc22/yyy/b cyrus lrswipkxtecda
>    . OK Completed
>    . delete user/dpc22/yyy/b
>    . OK Completed
>
>    . list "DELETED/" *
>    * LIST (\Noinferiors) "/" "DELETED/46A5BA33/user/dpc22/yyy/a"
>    . OK Completed (0.000 secs 1 calls)
>
>    . delete "DELETED/46A5BA33/user/dpc22/yyy/a"
>    . OK Completed
>
>    . list "DELETED/" *
>    . OK Completed (0.000 secs 1 calls)

See also the attached, our latest patch - it includes a bugfix which stops
you being able to randomly move some user's home directory to a non-home
directory elsewhere.  Something that you could do only because of the bug
in mboxname_isusermailbox.

It also makes mboxname_isusermailbox a fair bit easier to read - though it
does a config item lookup each use - might be worth making that static or
even a bit more global.  Hmm.  What do you think?

  brong at fastmail.fm